Grade A (food grade) essential oils: Lavender, Mint, Sweet Orange, Rosemary and Tea Tree
Essential oils: our essential oils are steam distilled from the leaf, fruit and flower of the above plants. They are a very pure, concentrated form of oil that can be used for aromatherapy or diluted with a carrier oil and applied to the skin.
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) essential oil – Relaxing and soothing. Lavender is one of the most versatile essential oils and has been used for centuries in aromatherapy. Lavender essential oil is widely used therapeutically for massage, bathing and in skincare. Lavender oil creates a beautiful aroma when its vaporised in an oil burner, creating a sense of peace and calm. It is renowned for its wound healing benefits as it has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties .
- Mint (Mentha piperita) essential oil – Reviving, cooling and decongesting. Mint essential oil is extremely versatile and renowned for treating coughs, colds and an all round decongestant when in-haled. Mint plants have been used medicinally since ancient Greek times for improving mental exhaustion, indecision and poor memory. Used topically in a dilution, mint oil can have significant benefits with little risk.Its excellent at reducing joint and muscle pain, itching and headaches. Mint essential oil is highly prized in sports massage therapy and antibacterial properties.
Beware peppermint essential oil can be toxic to pets.
- Sweet orange (Citrus sinensis) essential oil – energising, uplifting and soothing. Sweet orange essential oil is great at enhancing mood; soothing, energising and uplifting your mind and body. Its also renowned for cleansing, toning and purifying, when used in aromatherapy with other essential oils to help drain the lymphatic system. A natural antiseptic and brings new life to a dull complexion, perfect for balancing oily skin. This essential oil is a powerhouse when added to a diffuser, it will lift the mood and calm any frustrations. It creates a joyful, fresh and uplifting atmosphere, so great for helping to lift depression.
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) essential oil – uplifting, stimulating and antibacterial. Rosemary essential oil is energising and great for focusing the mind and also helps with emotional balance. This oil has been used by Mediterranean countries for hundreds of years, believed to promote youthfulness, it has been proven in modern research that Rosemary is antibacterial and a potent anti-oxidant. In skincare Rosemary essential oil helps to reinforce the capillaries and reduces excessive oiliness. In alternative medicine rosemary is used for mental health to help improve self-confidence and positivity. When suffering form lethargy rosemary is a great pick me-up, often used in aromatherapy to revive the whole body.
- Tea tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) essential oil – cleansing, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial. Tea tree essential oil has a fresh, strong, medicinal scent and its renowned as an effective immune booster. It is very effective with common skin conditions such as acne and atheletes foot, due to its anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties. It should always be diluted with a carrier oil before applying to the skin.